Date Posted: Wednesday 6 November 2019
Based just outside of Stamford Lincolnshire we are looking for a draftsman to join our growing team, designing unique and bespoke high-end residential self-supporting stone staircases.
Your Experience / Skills
Key Skills required include-
• Construction knowledge
• A good Knowledge of SOLIDWORKS
• Knowledge of other 3D software would be beneficial.
• At least two years industry experience in drafting and design
• Experience of large format printing to scale (A3 to A0)
• Experience of issuing bill of quantities
• Ability to follow and elaborate on/create production drawings and templates
• Familiarity with following cutting sheets (non Essential- Industry related skills
• Ability to visualise 3D Geometry from a 2D Plan
• Team Working skills are essential as working with our senior draftsman along with other design teams, engineers and architects is part of the day to day job.
• Ability to work independently and manage own workload, and time, efficiently
• Some project management or coordinating experience would be beneficial
• Excellent communication skills within the following groups (Clients, Technical Team/Engineers, Masons and Other Subcontractors).
• Knowledge of Building Regulations (or ability to learn quickly)
• Happy to carry out independent research as required
• Flexibility required.
• Comfortable Carrying out Surveys (Either supervised or independently)
• Proficient in standard office package