Are you experienced in using 3D design software or working with textiles and looking for an opportunity to work in a fascinating business?
Would you like to work alongside some of the most talented sewing machinists in the country? Jarvis Manufacturing Ltd is one of the leading bespoke textile solution manufacturers for the Military and Aerospace Industry. If you want to work across an interesting variety of products, materials, and product designs, this could be a great role for you.
For the right candidates there are development and career opportunities as our business continues to implement our ambitious long term growth strategy. Our work will truly give you the opportunity to develop your skills and broaden your experience enabling you to become an outstanding 3D Solidwork Engineer and Textiles Product, Designer.
We want applicants that have experience working with SOLIDWORKS and ideally with textiles, have a willingness to learn and improve and have a brilliant can-do attitude.
You’ll be a great fit for our team if you:
- Good Attention to detail.
- Have a positive can-do attitude.
- Growth mindset and desire to learn new things and improve.
- Are conscientious and have a good work ethic.
- Take pride in your work and are passionate about what you do.
As a 3D CAD Engineer & Product Designer your responsibilities will include:
- Design and Development of new products in line with customer requirements.
- Working with the Design and Sales Teams with technical input regarding new product design.
- Production of new patterns and templates as required for new and existing products.
- Management of the Companies template portfolio both electronic and manually.
- Working with Operations to ensure that Production documentation is correct and up to date.
- Working with other departments to achieve on time delivery.
- Proactively raising potential improvements within the business.
Package on offer:
- £25,000 - £30,000 (Negotiable subject to experience)
- 40 hours a week
- Progression opportunities within the Business
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Work wear
- Skills development opportunities
A little about us:
Jarvis Manufacturing Ltd is a textile Manufacturing business based in Eastbourne. Our team of expert sewers and crafts people develop and manufacture bespoke textile products for a wide range of applications and industries. We are a forward thinking and ambitious business. We really value the contribution of all our team members and are committed to helping everyone in our company develop and progress to achieve their full potential. We have high standards for our people and the work we do and are looking for likeminded positive and hardworking people that want to help us be the best in our industry.
You will be working with a variety of products for a range of applications, therefore it is important that you have the following Skills and Experience:
- Ability to generate 3D models of textile based products using SOLIDWORKS.
- Ability to produce 2D cutting patterns using CAD/CAM software.
- Understanding of design brief and the ability to develop products/patterns to meet requirements.
- Able to support the shop floor during the prototyping and 1st off manufacture of new products.
- Able to take a step back and visualise the bigger picture.
- Experience working from samples and drawings.
- Experience working with fabrics, webbings etc.