Macpac refuse bodies based in Antrim require a keen and ambitious person to help us continue our development of current and future products within the refuse collection vehicle market. We design and manufacture our own macpac refuse collection bodies for the ever-changing waste and recycling industry.
As an Engineer, you will be working on the manufacturing processes and mechanical design of our range of products for sale across the UK, Ireland and overseas.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Design components for manufacture using various modelling techniques.
- Create 3D assemblies of components for design and analysis
- Create 2D component drawings for suppliers, stating material specifications, tolerances and finishes
- Create 2D assembly and sub-assembly drawings for operators on the shop floor.
- Knowledge of simulation tools for stress testing individual components and assemblies (desirable)
- Knowledge of render tools for brochures, presentations and customer evaluation (desirable)
- Ability to use AutoCAD or similar programs for creating 2D drawings and analysing supplier provided DXFs.
- Experience using SOLIDWORKS.
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and business directors on a weekly basis.
- Liaising with production manager to order stock for the production line.
- Able to work as part of a team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: 26,000.00-30,000.00 per year
Experience using SOLIDWORKS