Brauer Ltd is a British manufacturer of Heavy-duty industrial wheels and castors, Toggle Clamps and Air Amplifiers products. Since 1926, Brauer has been providing industry with the finest engineered products, expert technical support, on time deliveries and unparalleled customer services.
Our demanding customers are to be found in sectors as diverse as aerospace, automotive, offshore, oil and pharmaceutical. Products are often customised to meet their particular needs.
Our engineering design team, based in Milton Keynes, play a key role in both developing new products and in ‘solution engineering’ for customers. We now wish to strengthen the team and are seeking an experienced design engineer, well suited to the interface between design and the customer.
The ideal candidate should be qualified with minimum in HND in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years experience in design office, possessing some knowledge of materials and manufacturing process. He/She should be comfortable with using CAD (SOLIDWORKS, Mechanical Desktop and AutoCAD), PC based spreadsheets, a knowledge of press tooling and experience of FEA would be advantage. A good team player who has the ability to work under their own initiative without close supervision.
- Report to and Support Engineering Manager.
- Liase with sales and customers regarding technical and design engineering issues.
- Define product / system specifications.
- Identify new product opportunities.
- Develop new products.
- Perform supporting analytical studies, such as FEA
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare new drawings for non-standard products ordered by customers.
- Prepare and input manufacturing operations into Sage software.
- Keep abreast of new developments, materials or processes for use in adaptation to company products.
- Prepare drawings for tooling and jig fixtures.
- Improve manufacturing process into CAD/CAM systems.
- Work in accordance with company procedures.
Further information about the company can be found on our web site: www.brauer.co.uk
If interested, please email your CV with covering letter (No Agencies please)
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Ability to commute/relocate: Milton Keynes: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Work authorisation: United Kingdom (required)
- Work Location: One location