Date Posted: Wednesday 12 October 2016
Metcalfe Catering Equipment is a fourth generation family run business and was established in 1928 by the Great Grandfather of the present Managing Director and has grown to become one of the premier manufacturers and suppliers of commercial food preparation equipment in the UK.
As well as manufacturing their own industry leading range of mixers, slicers, peelers, chippers and vegetable preparation units, Metcalfe are the UK distributors for several other world renowned manufacturers including;
CEADO blenders, ice crushers, juicers and mixers;
EDLUND can openers, slicers, knife racks, knife sharpeners and scales;
HAMILTON BEACH blenders;
NEMCO food preparation equipment;
ROBAND high speed grills, griddle toasters, the Sycloid toaster, hot water urns, heat lamps, milkshake and drink mixers, rice cookers and warmers.
This specialist equipment is manufactured to the highest standards for efficiency, durability and reliability. It provides a comprehensive and cost effective answer to all the preparation needs of the foodservice, food processing, supermarket, catering and licensed industries.
Metcalfe Catering Equipment Ltd is looking for a Product Development Engineer to join their newly developed R&D Department.
The candidate will focus on developing new products for manufacture. It will also develop and implement new manufacturing systems and processes so as to stream line operations.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in delivering projects with the full support of the project team.
The Post Holder will:
• Evaluate and review existing design to manufacture processes and sub-systems
• Design and develop new products for the company, following an NPD process
• Develop and review existing design concepts utilising the NPD process for manufacture
• Evaluate and introduce new manufacturing processes
• Prepare and present interim progress updates to the project team
• Organise the manufacturing of prototypes and evaluation samples
• Assist in the day to day running of the R&D Department
Your Experience / Skills
• Industrial experience of designing products using SOLIDWORKS or other CAD platforms
• Experience and knowledge of assembly modelling and engineering drawings
• Experience of design for manufacture and manufacturing processes
• Process thinker with knowledge of how design to manufacture processes can be utilised to support/develop New Product Development
• Experience in re-engineering design processes in relation to the introduction of FEA and manufacturing process optimisation
• Experience in product modeling, prototyping and testing
• Experience of working in industry is very desirable.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Excellent organisation skills and a flexible approach to prioritise work to meet deadlines and deliver results
• Clear and concise written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact with a range of stakeholders
• Able to work in a team orientated collaborative environment with minimum supervision
• Analytic and problem solving abilities with a keen attention to detail
• Current UK driving licence
• Ability to apply both knowledge and practical skills to the design process
• Aptitude for creative design and problem solving
• The ability to communicate effectively in Welsh