Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Date Posted: Monday 17 October 2016
Rexson Systems design, build and install industrial fluid dispensing systems worldwide to the paint, ink and chemical sectors. Due to expansion we are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our existing team.
In this role you will be designing special purpose machinery using SOLIDWORKS and Autocad, preparing detailed manufacturing drawings and machine BOMs in Excel. The ideal candidate will have a HNC in Mechanical engineering, a good technical mind, excellent communication skills, with the ability to work under pressure and adapt to new tasks quickly.
Your Experience / Skills
• Generation of CAD drawings and models using SOLIDWORKS and Autocad.
• Preparation of machine BOMs in Excel.
• Continual evaluation of existing products and generating concepts for new products.
• Technical coordination with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
• Technical support for workshop engineers during system builds.
• Creation of supporting documents. e.g. Risk assessments, manuals, specifications, design changes.
• Constructive input into project kick off and review meetings.
• Maintain Design department directories.
• HNC in Mechanical Engineering and experience within a Technical/Design office.
• Experience of 3d CAD, (SOLIDWORKS) and Autocad.
• Designing special purpose automated machinery.
• Taking product designs from concept to manufacture.
• IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to analyse technical data and make decisions independently.
• Value engineering.
• Familiar with pneumatic components and circuits.
• Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and budgets.
• Working within a ISO 9001 quality system. (preferred not essential)
• Working to ATEX directives. (preferred not essential)
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team with a positive outlook.
• Reliable, responsible, inquisitive and a quick learner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - able to develop effective relationships.
• Strategic, analytical thinker with technical background.
• Excellent organistational skills, requires the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
HNC in Mechanical Engineering
£26 - £30,000
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: