Design and draught a variety of marine and interior fit-out project components, General Arrangements (GA’s) and concept renders on SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD, in accordance with Trimline quality assurance standards. Ensure all Design works are delivered to client specification, on time and to budget, to the highest quality, and aligned to standard protocol.
• Produce drawings/visuals for concept and quotation purposes to the highest possible standard for both Commercial and Design departments, taking full ownership of drawing output
• Liaise with other departments as necessary to obtain clear drawing and material specifications
• Produce detailed Design drawings for Production to client specification, on time and to specified budget(s)
• Provide construction solutions to any issues that may arise, ensuring best practice is adhered to
• Suggest alternative approaches wherever possible, promoting the most efficient manufacturing techniques at all times, and liaising with Production staff when necessary
• Support on-site works with drawings and information as required
• Attend site surveys as required, acting as a department representative
• Effectively contribute to the Continuous Improvement Process with suggestions and ideas, and fully support any process change implementation
• Follow Trimline Quality Control procedures at all times
• Maintain Health and Safety across all projects/business
• Complete any other ad-hoc tasks as directed by your line manager
Job holder may occasionally be required to live close to project for some or all duration of installation, which could be at any UK or worldwide shipyard.
• Several years Design experience in a joinery environment or manufacturing role.
• Methodical and organised
• Pays attention to detail
• Good communication skills, in writing (email), in person and on phone
• Builds relationships with internal and external contacts
• Comfortable complying with procedures
• Willing to take the initiative to resolve a problem
• Good joinery production knowledge
• Thorough experience of working with MS Office
• Experience of using SOLIDWORKS is desirable, though training can be provided to those with thorough Autocad skills
• Literacy and numeracy skills at Level 2 (equivalent to 5 GCSEs)