Date Posted: Wednesday 25 October 2017
Fugro is the world’s leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions.
Working across Fugro’s Land and Marine divisions, Fugro GeoServices is a Geotechnical contractor and innovator; we design and fabricate highly specialised Jack-up, drilling and foundation systems from our base in Falmouth, we then operate these systems globally from a variety of vessels for projects in the marine infrastructure, energy and construction sectors.
Following the amalgamation of our Engineering & Plant departments we are seeking a proactive and practical Engineer, with strong innovation skills and experience of creating solutions and managing the life cycle of equipment. This is an engineering led service line so our successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a track record of managing clients and interpreting their needs.
Our Engineers are responsible for delivering projects in line with the company’s procedures, the project specification and to budget. The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Leading the mechanical engineering discipline, with the emphasise on understanding client requirements and commercial awareness
- Assisting with all aspects of management of the engineering department as a business, including tendering, client & project management and financial control
- Act as principal reviewer & approver of engineering designs & calculations
- High level concept design & engineering calculation
- Mentoring, development & performance management of engineering department personnel
- Providing engineering support for site operations
Your Experience / Skills
Our successful candidate will have significant experience of mechanical engineering in the Marine/Geotechnical or Civil Engineering Sectors.