Date Posted: Monday 2 October 2017
A chance to join our architectural metalwork team based in Telford.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual who thrives in driving change in a manufacturing environment, to really make a difference within an industry leading and expanding business.
In order to excel in this role the successful candidate will have a strong background in architectural metalwork – with a focus on detailing staircases, balustrades, mezzanines, step overs etc.
You should possess excellent communication skills, be technically intuitive, flexible, resourceful and innovative and be commercially aware.
You should possess a good understanding of fabrication, be self-motivated and have the ability to inspire and train others where required.
SOLIDWORKS experience is essential.
The position demands an outgoing and confident personality capable of working in a high pressure environment and working to tight deadlines.
You’ll take responsibility primarily for:
• Providing support to the designers, manufacturing engineers and others to ensure good quality, accurate design on time
• Creation, review and maintenance of technical file documentation such as drawings, bills of materials, specification sheets, instructions for use etc.
• Taking an active role within cross function teams in the development process
• Supporting production by maintaining the engineering change control process
Your Experience / Skills
• Proficient in SOLIDWORKS, 3D CAD and 2D Draughting software
• A good understanding of the design process
• Produce accurate drawings for manufacture and as per customer specifications
• Work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Can work through issues when they arise in a logical manner
• Liaise with staff and customers in a confident and personable manor
• Basic hand calculations and the ability to solve problems
• Aware of drawing protocol and drawing standards
• Methodical, self-starter with the ability to manage own time and projects
• Able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills and have an outstanding attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Office
• Driving licence preferred, but not essential