Role: Intermediate Off-Site Manufacturing/DfMA Architect
Date Posted: Wednesday 6 March 2019
Bryden Wood are looking for highly motivated and skilled applicants with an interest in off-site construction and DfMA.
We are expanding our capacity and capability to push the boundaries of off-site manufacturing in the construction industry through data-driven design.
Our goal is to develop our industry-leading reputation and to move the industry toward manufactured solutions.
Successful applicants will hold a Master’s degree in Architecture and/or Engineering. Those with considerable construction, manufacturing, or home building experience will also be considered.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and currently operating in an intermediate position.
The role will involve working on a variety of projects, working within our diverse team of Engineers, Architects, Product Designers, and Technicians to develop novel design solutions and advanced construction methods.
Your Experience / Skills
• Experience of 1 - 4 years working in either a design office or within the construction industry;
• Degree in Architecture or Engineering (Structural, Mechanical, Industrial);
• Construction engineer with design office experience;
• Manufacturing Engineer with experience in the construction industry and with design office experience
• Strong knowledge of architectural detailing,
• Strong technical design of structural or mechanical systems,
• Strong knowledge of constructions methods, processes, and codes,
• Strong knowledge of fabrication or manufacturing process and practices
• Attention to detail
• Key interest in technical design and details
• Experience developing or checking detailed drawing packages
• Experience developing outline and/or technical specifications considered and asset
• Parametric modelling
• A good understanding of the principles of BIM
• Data analysis and visualisation considered an asset
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation
• Excellent written and verbal communication and mastery of the English language
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
• Positive / Proactive / self-starting
• Experienced using design software: SOLIDWORKS
Degree in Architecture or Engineering
Subject to Experience
Architect / Engineer
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below:
020 7253 4772