Date Posted: Wednesday 6 March 2019
Bryden Wood are looking for highly motivated and skilled applicants with an interest in off-site construction and DfMA.
We are expanding our capacity and capability to push the boundaries of off-site manufacturing in the construction industry through data-driven design.
Our goal is to develop our industry-leading reputation and to move the industry toward manufactured solutions.
Successful applicants will hold a Master’s degree in Architecture and/or Engineering. Those with considerable construction, manufacturing, or home building experience will also be considered.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and currently operating in an intermediate position.
The role will involve working on a variety of projects, working within our diverse team of Engineers, Architects, Product Designers, and Technicians to develop novel design solutions and advanced construction methods.
Your Experience / Skills
• Experience of 1 - 4 years working in either a design office or within the construction industry;
• Degree in Architecture or Engineering (Structural, Mechanical, Industrial);
• Construction engineer with design office experience;
• Manufacturing Engineer with experience in the construction industry and with design office experience
• Strong knowledge of architectural detailing,
• Strong technical design of structural or mechanical systems,
• Strong knowledge of constructions methods, processes, and codes,
• Strong knowledge of fabrication or manufacturing process and practices
• Attention to detail
• Key interest in technical design and details
• Experience developing or checking detailed drawing packages
• Experience developing outline and/or technical specifications considered and asset
• Parametric modelling
• A good understanding of the principles of BIM
• Data analysis and visualisation considered an asset
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation
• Excellent written and verbal communication and mastery of the English language
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
• Positive / Proactive / self-starting
• Experienced using design software: SOLIDWORKS