Role: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Date Posted: Thursday 25 October 2018
List of significant activities: -
• Extracting & interpreting customer requirements
• Assisting the sales and pricing processes
• Preparation of system-level design specifications
• Contributing to external & internal design reviews
• Leading Value Engineering Process
• Mechanical systems design and development
• Specifying components
• Assisting system integration, test and validation
• Configuration control within ISO9001:2015 procedures & SOLIDWORKS Vault
• Support production activities
• Preparing documentation for system operation & maintenance
Your Experience / Skills
You should have: -
• At least 5 to 10 years significant experience in the mechanical design of automated syste
• Extensive experience with delivering systems into manufacturing environments
• Enthusiasm to create and deliver innovative automated solutions
• Expert knowledge of component parts including pneumatics, motors, drives, encoders etc from major suppliers
• Working familiarity with CAD environment, preferably SOLIDWORKS
• Ability to interpret customer specifications & evaluate customer products & designs.
• Ability to employ engineering techniques to produce robust, innovative solutions.
• Familiarity with Machinery safety directive, PUWER, CE Marking
• Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Systems and procedures.
• Ability to take a leading role as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team.
• A focus on meeting project deadlines & budgets.
• An ability to contribute to multiple concurrent jobs.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
An appropriate engineering degree or equivalent is desirable
£42k to £45K commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: