Date Posted: Thursday 25 October 2018
List of significant activities: -
• Extracting & interpreting customer requirements
• Assisting the sales and pricing processes
• Preparation of system-level design specifications
• Contributing to external & internal design reviews
• Leading Value Engineering Process
• Mechanical systems design and development
• Specifying components
• Assisting system integration, test and validation
• Configuration control within ISO9001:2015 procedures & SOLIDWORKS Vault
• Support production activities
• Preparing documentation for system operation & maintenance
Your Experience / Skills
You should have: -
• At least 5 to 10 years significant experience in the mechanical design of automated syste
• Extensive experience with delivering systems into manufacturing environments
• Enthusiasm to create and deliver innovative automated solutions
• Expert knowledge of component parts including pneumatics, motors, drives, encoders etc from major suppliers
• Working familiarity with CAD environment, preferably SOLIDWORKS
• Ability to interpret customer specifications & evaluate customer products & designs.
• Ability to employ engineering techniques to produce robust, innovative solutions.
• Familiarity with Machinery safety directive, PUWER, CE Marking
• Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Systems and procedures.
• Ability to take a leading role as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team.
• A focus on meeting project deadlines & budgets.
• An ability to contribute to multiple concurrent jobs.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office.