Date Posted: Thursday 3 October 2019
World leading design & manufacturer of high quality, precision, weight measurement technologies for use across a diverse range of industrial sectors, including Medical, Industrial & Agricultural, Process Automation & Weighing, Test & Measurement sectors.
The combination of Flintec sensors and our extensive range of accessories and electronics allows for the design & installation of a complete weighing system.
You will be part of a Global highly skilled R&D Engineering team who's main role is to develop dedicated weighing systems that allow Electronics, Software devices both Analogue & Digital to communicate through both conventional and new Wireless technologies to load cells and sensors displaying weighing information and also interface with peripheral systems.
Developing concept ideas right thru to product transfer to our world class manufacturing sites in Sri Lanka for both Flintec’s generic ranges and bespoke customer solutions.
The Cardiff Teams specialise in all Flintec’s Hardware & Firmware solutions also supporting Flintec Engineering & R&D Teams based in Germany, Boston MA & Sri Lanka.
Ideal position for a confident Engineering not afraid to take ownership & accountability within a design team putting their own ideas forwards with stakeholders at project definition & design phase.
Support the future development & expansion of improved EDA Simulation CAD tools towards Right First Time Design Engineering approach.
You will join an expanding team located in Cardiff which is currently at the planning phase for future relocation due to ongoing expansion to a new purpose built premises in the Cardiff M4 Area..
Your Experience / Skills
• Qualified to HND/Degree level in electronics
• Minimum +5 years Electronics Engineering design experience
• Analogue to Digital conversion
• Serial communications architecture (including CAN-bus, RS-485, RS-232, USB, SPI, I2C)
• Design for EMC experience.
• Experience of Design For Manufacture, Cost and Test
• Already living in a 25 mile radius to Flintec Cardiff
• Possess a Can Do attitude to challenge.
• Excellent communicator and possess Leadership & Team player qualities
• Able to lead designs for multiple Electronic projects in a dynamic, matrix environment.
• Proficient in MS Office tools & Minitab.
• Hold an EU Passport & driving licence available to support occasional overseas business travel.
• Experience/Proficient EDA Engineering (Design & Analysis Tools ) software
• Assist in definition, implementation of product tests in-house and customer’s sites
• Collaborate with mechanical designers to ensure integrity of design application.
• Understanding of load cells in weighing applications, EN45501 / OIML R76
• Analogue bridge circuitry, especially the detailed analysis of complex resistor networks.
• Experience managing Engineering projects from conception thru to Mass production
• Design micro controller interfaces