Date Posted: Monday 21 October 2019
Mechanical/Piping Design Project Engineer required for work on packaged / site fluid handling systems for the petrochemical fluid handling sector.
The company designs, manufactures, installs & commissions fluid handling and safe access systems for the bulk transport & logistics of liquids and gases.
This role would suit a mechanical design engineer from a packaged equipment/pipework/structural steel/design background.
• Production of Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) using 2D
• System Design of packaged structural & piped fluid handling / industrial safety systems using SOLIDWORKS 3D
• R&D product design using SOLIDWORKS 3D
• Production of pipework fabrication drawings using SOLIDWORKS 3D
• Production of manufacturing assembly drawings using SOLIDWORKS 3D
• Produce BoM’s & manage the procurement of materials in execution of the project
• Reviews designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Co-ordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, resolving engineering design and test problems.
• Control expenditures within limitation of project budget.
• Assist with commissioning support activities of manufactured products.
• Support the sales team with technical design proposals.
Your Experience / Skills
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience: List specific examples, denoting (R) if required or (P) if preferred years
• 2 year experience in a similar design project engineering role (R)
• Knowledge of the Petrochemical industry / ATEX Requirements (P)
• Sound knowledge of IT (including Engineering, Solid Works) (R)
• Training certificates for 2D and 3D CAD software (P)
• Project Management Foundation (P)
• Safety Passport CCNSG / IOSH Working Safely (P)