Date Posted: Tuesday 1 October 2019
James Jones & Sons (Pallets & Packaging) Ltd manufactures and repairs up to 25 million pallets a year at our 15 sites across England and Scotland. As part of James Jones & Sons Ltd, the UK's largest and most successful privately-owned timber processing business, our pallet and packaging operation has some of the most advanced manufacturing facilities in the UK, a national distribution network and offers a complete range of pallets and specialist timber packaging. Our customers include all the pallet pools and blue-chip companies covering the automotive, engineering, construction, pharmaceutical and retail sectors.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Product Designer to join our Sales Department, reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager.
The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday and the core hours will be 08.00 to 16.30. There must be a degree of flexibility to meet customer needs/timescales.
The Role: You will work closely with the Production and Sales Team and will be responsible for generating drawings for Pallets, Packing Cases, Crates and Skids to agreed deadlines. You will manage stencilling requirements and site drawings.
Your Experience / Skills
• Computer skills are essential (proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and SOLIDWORKS/ CAD/3-D Modeling Software). Navision, SharePoint and PDM knowledge would be advantageous.
• Ability to read and interpret documents.
• Good sketching and concept generation skills.
• Ability to understand complex mathematical relationships that underpin mechanical analysis.
• You will also occasionally be required to visit our customers on site.
You should be able to demonstrate the above skills and have experience of working in a similar role.
Applicants must have the ability to communicate in English as well as comprehend written instructions. You must be able to prove that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Send your CV to: Donna O’Connor, HR Manager, James Jones & Sons Ltd, Broomage Avenue, Larbert, Stirling, FK5 4NQ or email: email@example.com