Date Posted: Monday 26 October 2020
AMETEK CTS is a global leader in EMC compliance testing and RF power amplifiers. AMETEK has been designing and manufacturing precision instruments for more than 30 years. Under the brand names of EM Test, Teseq, IFI and Milmega the company produce a wide range of specialist solutions aligned to the individual needs of equipment manufacturers across a variety of industries.
We are hiring a Hardware and Mechanical Design Engineer for our production site in Ryde, Isle of Wight. Preferred start date is December 2020.
This Hardware and Mechanical Design Engineer will join the Amplifier Design team and will develop the housings and mechanical construction of amplifier systems and modules according to company standards. This person will interface regularly with suppliers, manufacturing and other engineering groups (including hardware, Firmware and test engineers) on the Isle of Wight and at our sister sites in Europe and U.S.
- Take responsibility for the mechanical design aspects from component to system level
- Prepare mechanical designs, 2/3D equipment layouts
- Prepare specifications, equipment and construction drawings for our suppliers
- Develop existing product; by improving reliability, design for manufacture and reducing production cost
- Manage the SOLIDWORKS engineering too including maintaining the existing mechanical library
- Make process and procedure improvement recommendations