Senior Mechanical Project Design Engineer required to work on packaged fluid handling systems for the fluid handling sector.
The company designs, manufactures, installs & commissions fluid handling and safe access systems for the bulk transport & logistics of liquids and gases.
This role would suit a mechanical design engineer from a packaged equipment, skid manufacturing background.
- First class ability to read & produce P&ID’s, Technical Drawings, GA’s, Assembly Drawings & Fabrication Drawings.
- Advanced operator of SOLIDWORKS & AutoCAD software packages in the preparation of the above.
- Knowledge of piping & fabrication standards, ASME B31.3 & BS EN 1090
- System Design of fluid handling systems considering clients specifications & functional requirements
- Selection of valves & components… to adhere to the clients specifications & functional requirements
- Produce BoM’s & manage the procurement of materials in execution of the project
- Manage subcontractors / suppliers of outsourced items in execution of the project.
- Work closely with shop floor fabrication & mechanical assembly teams.
- Review designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Co-ordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Control expenditures within limitation of project budget.
- Support the sales team with costings & technical design proposals.