Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells is a global business dedicated to the supply of high performance catalysed components to customers, making fuel cells for major markets such as buildings, transport, and remote power sources. The business, headquartered in Swindon, UK, is a leader in its chosen markets with rapidly growing sales supported by substantial R&D and manufacturing capabilities.
We now have a vacancy for a Mechanical Design/solidworks CAD Engineer.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Ensure health and safety of the workplace has the highest consideration in all aspects of the role
• Support the mechanical design of the product, ensuring that customer’ requirements are realised and can be manufactured capably
• Provide a technical support function internally to JMFC operations
• New part and project drawing generation, associated tooling design, and procurement
• Maintain existing new product development processes and procedures
• Monitor and improves mechanical product quality, feeding back into new developments
• Ensure an up to date knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, actively promoting them within the Business