We seek a Mechanical Design Engineer with a substantial degree of experience in the development of product/components that, in particular, have been commercially applied. Our design work requires capabilities in the following areas:
• Knowledge of materials and properties, such as tensile strength, coefficient of expansion etc.
• Understanding of machining processes (turning, milling, grinding, and casting/moulding).
• Understanding of thermal expansion, O-ring seals, brazing, welding, heat treatments, etc.
• Conversant with 3D modeling software (SOLIDWORKS) essential.
• Experience/knowledge of gears, rotational computations, torque.
• Understanding of electrical circuitry and components (isolators, relays, contactors) an advantage
• Understanding of control logic an advantage
• Experience with high speed rotating machinery and bearings an advantage
• Knowledge of rotor-dynamics and prior experience a distinct advantage
• Understanding of pressure-related hoop stress calculations etc., a specific advantage
• Knowledge of software to conduct FEA, stress calculations, pressure and strain calculations.
• Knowledge of Directives such as the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) and Low Voltage Directive