Date Posted: Friday 23 September 2016
Development of Performance Vehicle Components
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our leading automotive performance aftermarket company. Over the last two years Revo have been increasing its hardware range and as such the department is looking to grow further. We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in the automotive sector with a good understanding of the mechanical aspect but not essential.
The candidate would need to be self-motivated and able to use their own initiative when required. Attention to detail is key with good problem solving and communication skills. The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is critical. You will be required to come up with design ideas based off of a project requirement for a range of VAG and Ford models that will assist in the performance of the vehicle. The designs will then need to be moved through the stages from concept, to mock up, samples, testing and evaluation and finally sign off, so a good hands on practical individual would be ideal. Full training and support will be given to the candidate along with a competitive salary and company benefits.
• Conceptual and detail design of vehicle components and systems.
• Assist in taking design concept through to product sign off.
• Fault diagnosis and resolution.
• Performance monitoring and roadside support.
• Liaison with calibration and engineering to understand system performance and development direction.
• When required, to assist in design work related to all areas and requirements within Revo.
• Design of jig and tooling components.
• Testing and monitoring of design to product sign off.
Your Experience / Skills
• Base knowledge of composite and metallic materials and manufacturing techniques.
• High Level of Proficiency in SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD Software
• Good level of practical hands-on design skills
• Experience/interest in Automotive or similar environment.