Role: SOLIDWORKS Design Engineer
Date Posted: Tuesday 6 September 2016
Solid People CAD Recruitment Specialists
Solid People's client was established in the 80’s and is one of the leading gate automation and security companies in the South of England. They manufacture, design and install a complete range of security gates and access control solutions.
Due to continual growth they are now looking to add another SOLIDWORKS Design Engineer to their design team.
Your Experience / Skills
• Producing of detailed solid models and manufacturing drawings for all stages of business process (sales support, design approval, manufacturing drawings) using both 3D and 2D software packages.
• Analysing and testing of designs using SOLIDWORKS built-in simulation and analytic features.
• Provide expert technical advice to customers, suppliers and colleague engineers.
• Consider and improve safety aspects of the products.
• Consider costing and practises of the manufacturing process.
• Preparing The Bill of materials for the ongoing projects, assisting with ordering parts.
• Producing of detailed electrical schematic drawings.
• Producing of detailed installation, repair and maintenance manuals.
• Researches and Development.
• PLC software development (optional)
• Providing compliance with the latest editions of Machinery Directive and corresponding EN and BS standards in safety, efficiency, environmental aspects for all projects.
• Reporting directly to Design Manager.
Key professional skills:
• Degree in engineering (BEng, Hons preferable)
• Good understanding of modern engineering and design principles and practises
• Knowledge and understanding of fundamental mechanical design approaches and limitations (fits and tolerances, manufacturing processes, material selection, limitations, stress analysis)
• Knowledge and understanding of fundamental electrical design approaches and limitations (current and voltage, power consumption, components placement, electric motors, frequency inverters, PLCs, PSU, rectifiers, cable cross section selection)
• Confident user of modern 3D modelling software (Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS, Autodesk AutoCAD, 3D Systems Geomagic Design)
• PCB design (optional)
• PLC programming (optional)
• Experience in creating of risk assessments for machinery
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong time managing skills
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
• Fluent in English (both verbal and written)
• Full clean UK driving license
Degree in engineering (BEng, Hons preferable)
See experience for further skills required
£25 - 30,000
South East England
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: