The overall aim of your role is to help develop a commercially viable Wave Energy Converter (WEC), as quickly as possible, for a reasonable cost, whilst treating all stakeholders in a morally correct way.
The primary objective of the role is to implement best practice in 3D CAD design, drawing process and control, acting as the in-house CAD expert and mentor. You will also be ultimately responsible for Drawings with support from engineering team related to test rigs, development (scale) wave energy converters, and production models.
Administration of CAD System
• Manager of the Drawing Control Process (from drawing initiation to approval, through to storage and distribution) ensuring the process is fit for purpose.
• Managing supplier licenses.
• Responsibility for IT hardware relating to CAD systems.
Creation of CAD Models
• Using SOLIDWORKS to create concept and production 3D models, drawings and simulations.
o Models suitable for passing onto the engineering team for further FEA
• Supporting all technical areas of the business.
• General input to optimise the design.
o Knowledge of manufacturing / construction techniques to input into the design is an advantage
In house CAD Expert
• Manage staff training and monitor staff resource.
• Instil best working practises within Wavepower with relation to drawing and drawing processes.
• CAD mentor for the business and for new recruits.
And all other engineering related duties as determined reasonable by the needs of the business.
Additional Responsibilities MAY include:
• Sourcing, liaising / visiting manufacturers and suppliers
• Assisting in logistics of critical components
• Be at least CSWP (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional) level.
• Evidence of continued professional development through attendance of official SOLIDWORKS training courses.
• Experience leading and mentoring a small group of Junior and Graduate level CAD resource.
• Knowledge of implementation and administration of a PDM/ePDM system.
• Competence in setting up and running non-linear analysis in a package such as ANSYS.