Biosite Systems has grown rapidly in its first seven years of trading and now employees over 80 people. Based in Solihull/Birmingham, the company has been focused on developing sophisticated and innovative software and hardware solutions for a variety of markets. We are now seeking an experienced draughtsman to join our multi-discipline engineering team. Biosite Systems' diverse product range includes a mix of electronic assemblies, electro-mechanical systems and fully equipped steel cabins aimed at the construction market.
The candidate will report to the Head of Engineering and will be responsible for producing drawings for sheet metal enclosures, general steel structures and many other things. You will also have practical experience of fabrication with the ability to liase with the shop floor and ensure designs are easy to fabricate and that drawings are easy to follow.
The candidate will:
• Be highly self-motivated and flexible.
• Be responsible for the production of Engineering 2D/3D CAD models and manufacturing drawings, bill of materials, etc.
• Work closely with production to ensure that products are designed for manufacture;
Support problem solving, root cause analysis and production queries.
• Ensure that engineering product defining data (drawings, CAD models, bill of materials, etc.) are stored and maintained effectively.
• Preparation of material costing, bids and proposals as required.
• Capture problems, lessons learned and continuous improvement ideas.