Foster and Freeman is a highly regarded supplier of forensic science equipment with a global presence and a reputation for innovation through product development.
Based in South Worcestershire they provide an installation and after sales service function throughout the UK and to over 155 countries worldwide for Government agencies and forensic science laboratories.
Due to continued strong demand they are looking to recruit a high calibre Design Engineer with a proven track record of achievement who will contribute to the design of mechanical components.
• being involved with the development of assembly processes for new products using Lean practices.
• providing build documentation and training of production staff.
• resourcefulness in a low volume manufacture and ideally able to design for CNC machining and sheet-metal.
• working within the research and development team, predominantly with mechanical, electronic, firmware, software and optical engineers.
• designing mechanical aspects of new products from idea generation through to production hand over.
• identifying and evaluating new technologies and suitable suppliers of materials or components.
• being involved with the complete product life cycle form.
• applying due diligence to ensure products are safe and compliant with the relevant standards and directives.
• applying methods such as: design simplification, price negotiation, component reductions and reduced assembly time.
• training, testing, representing the company and supplier visits may require travel.
In return my client can offer a competitive salary, good working conditions and other benefits including pension and generous discretionary profit related bonus after a qualifying period.
The preferred candidate will be a self-motivated team player who can demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail, and produce consistently high quality work in a fast-paced Lean environment. They will be proficient with 3D CAD modelling /drafting, preferably using SOLIDWORKS,
They will also be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and influence with all stakeholders.