Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Date Posted: Wednesday 12 September 2018
Working within a small multidiscipline engineering team, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for all mechanical design aspects of the pressure sensor products manufactured by the organisation, taking designs from concept though prototyping and then into production. The mechanical design engineer will perform mechanical design calculations, create and maintain all necessary technical product documentation and manage an engineering change record to ensure product updates are captured effectively.
Your Experience / Skills
• 3D CAD modelling parts and assemblies (Ideally SOLIDWORKS).
• Able to produce drawings to BS8888 standard.
• Have an understanding of pressure and how to perform pressure calculations.
• Design for manufacture and assembly.
• Production of manufacturing drawings and documentation.
• Understanding of design for static polymer seals.
• Materials selection, chemical compatibility and testing.
• Experience in the packaging of electronic sensors for harsh environments.
• Design of pressurised gas or fluid systems.
• Appreciation of the ATEX directive.
• Design of welded assemblies.
• Design of swaged assemblies.
• Design of machined metal parts.
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of software.
HNC/HND/Degree Mechanical Engineering Design with 5 years experience in an engineering design role.
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: