• Experienced and familiar in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machinery (CNC Tube bending, cutting equipment, grinders, welding machine etc.)
• Ability to use precision tools (e.g. Vernier callipers, micrometres) to take and record accurate measurements
• Demonstrable experience in the use of TIG welding equipment, especially the ability to weld titanium, Stainless steel, Aluminium and mild steel to a very high standard for the creation of an exhaust system prototype.
• Consult, interpret, create 3D drawings (SOLIDWORKS) in order to execute jobs and tasks to design standard.
• Development of the R and D facilities (workshop, Dyno) in line with the company’s ethos of “designed and developed in England” program, ensuring that all facilities are maintained and promoted as such.
• Able to deliver R&D projects within set out time and quality parameters.
• Ensure Product quality are within product design and component functions standard.
• Producing and maintain all supporting QA documentation.
• Ability to identify engineering problems as they occur and ensure solutions are implemented.
• Have comprehensive knowledge of installing motorcycle exhaust system and able to generate aftermarket exhaust fitment guide. (Templates are available as a baseline)
• Have a mindset of continuous improvement of R&D projects in the field of exhaust technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail are mandatory for this role.
• I.T. skills are essential (Microsoft Office packages, CAD and in house DMS)
• Use COSHH and risk assessments, comply with company procedures and HSE legal requirements.
• Ensuring all design can be manufactured accurately and cost effectively.
You will need to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Physical Science, Engineering, Exhaust Engineering or Automotive engineering background. The role is suitable for a graduate calibre applicant with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in R&D, or an experienced candidate with a proven track record in a similar role.
General Understanding of motor vehicle exhaust systems (preferably Motorcycle exhaust systems) would be advantageous but not compulsory. Including an understanding of exhaust product testing: Noise testing, performance testing for AFR, BHP and Torque, to ensure highest quality of developed products. (Extensive experience of Dyno operation would be a distinct advantage, although Training can be provided, where required.)