The King Group of Companies has been providing cost effective transport equipment solutions worldwide for more than 55 years and are part of the Martin Group of Companies.
We are looking for a highly motivated, confident and flexible Mechanical Design Engineer who is willing to learn and able to pick up new skills efficiently. The primary purpose of this role is to support the broad variety of engineering requirements within the King Group of Companies.
• Reporting to the Group Technical Director, this role has the responsibility for all technical specifications and the design criteria for all vehicles and ancillary equipment manufactured or configured by the business.
• Working within the Engineering Department to ensure the efficient supply of technical information to other departments in order to achieve the requirements of the company, at the confirmed specification, quality and at least cost.
• Ensure all legislative and safety criteria are met and adhered to.
• Review of existing model range and specifications to ensure the most cost effective designs are achieved with regard to material content, price, quality and manufacture.
• Producing technical drawings using both 2D and 3D software.
• Producing technical calculations to justify the design and decision making process
• Playing a major role in new product development, providing support in terms of design, manufacture and ensuring coherence to current legislation.
• Providing a source of engineering expertise/advice to other companies in the group.
• Educated to degree level. (desirable)
• Goods vehicle product and supplier knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
• Good time management skills with an ability to prioritise own and others workload.
• Work well under pressure and with a high attention to detail.
• Good technical understanding of large steel structures and the heavy engineering environment.
• Fabrication design experience an advantage.
• Experience of hydraulics, pneumatics and 12/24v electrics systems would be a benefit.
• Ability to develop and produce calculations to justify design.
• Able to work as part of a team and/or on your own initiative.
• Proficient in the use of SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software.
• Be able to produce technical drawings for manufacture.
• Able to visualise bespoke solutions to customer requirements from concept to completion.