Role: Simulation Design Engineers
Date Posted: Tuesday 8 September 2020
Reckitt Benckiser is a global success story in Health and Hygiene products. Our success is led by Powerbrands such as Dettol, Harpic, Finish and Vanish that aim to achieve global market leadership. Joining a global team in R&D Packaging, you’ll be responsible for developing Innovative Packaging and Product Delivery Systems with a focus on the early stages of a project.
- Be working in a creative team, that combines design and engineering skills.
- Lead CAD Simulation for the team and drive new ways of using the capability to optimise performance.
- Use your advanced CAD skills in parametric modelling and aesthetic “A class” surfacing, ideally using SOLIDWORKS.
- Develop designs with a focus on delighting consumers, whilst delivering on technical needs.
- Generate your own ideas and communicate them effectively to cross functional partners.
Your Experience / Skills
- Using SOLIDWORKS Simulation, ideally in a Packaging / Product Design role. (including the analysis of Non Linear materials).
- Simulation for optimisation of packaging and product designs: top load, drop test, ISTA 6, etc.
- Strong desire to develop the role and expand capability especially in Simulation, as they will be the leader of this capability in the team.
Consumer Product Design & Development.
- Experience in consumer product design and engineering. Ensuring designs meet technical requirements and delivers on consumer needs, with a strong appreciation of aesthetic execution.
- Able to take a design intent provided in sketch form and develop in CAD to a high standard both functionally and aesthetically to achieve marketing approval.
- Ability to generate product ideas independently and communicate these effectively.
- CAD modelling in SOLIDWORKS, including surface modelling of part A-surfaces.
- Prototyping – bring ideas to life via rapid prototyping and ‘Low Res’ proof of principle mock-ups.
- To be flexible and adapt to different tasks while meeting challenging deadlines.
- Ideal candidate is likely to come from the technical team of a consumer product manufacturer or design agency with post graduate experience.
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please open the following link to our HR Website & complete the application details.
A degree in (BSc) Engineering, (BA) Product Design or Industrial Design with post graduate experience.
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: