The Stonemasonry Company Limited is hiring!
Based just outside of Stamford Lincolnshire we are looking for a draftsman to join our growing team, designing unique and bespoke high-end residential self-supporting stone staircases.
Key Skills required include-
• Construction knowledge
• A good Knowledge of SOLIDWORKS
• Knowledge of other 3D software would be beneficial.
• At least two years industry experience in drafting and design
• Experience of large format printing to scale (A3 to A0)
• Experience of issuing bill of quantities
• Ability to follow and elaborate/create production drawings and templates
• Familiarity with following cutting sheets (non Essential- Industry related skills
• Ability to visualise 3D Geometry from a 2D Plan
• Team Working skills are essential as working with our senior draftsman along with other design teams, engineers and architects is part of the day to day job.
• Ability to work independently and manage own workload, and time, efficiently
• Some project management or coordinating experience would be beneficial
• Excellent communication skills within the following groups (Clients, Technical Team/Engineers, Masons and Other Subcontractors).
• Knowledge of Building Regulations (or ability to learn quickly)
• Happy to carry out independent research as required
• Flexibility required.
• Comfortable Carrying out Surveys (Either supervised or independently)
• Proficient in standard office package
(The Key Roles and Responsibilities of the job may vary depending upon experience)
Salary- Negotiable depending on experience
Driving licence and ability to travel is essential.
3-month temporary contract with potential for a longer term/permanent role.
Full Time: Monday to Friday 8:00 -17:00 with potential for overtime.
If this sounds like you or you have any questions about the role please do not hesitate in contacting us.