Capital Compactors & Balers are fast becoming the UK waste industry leaders in the manufacture and supply of compaction and recycling machinery. We are a medium-sized family business, which is growing and evolving rapidly.
We now require a third team member in the design and drawing office, and are therefore seeking a highly motivated, innovative, dynamic Design Engineer/solidworks 3D CAD Technician to help us maintain efficiency and keep up with the continual drawing and development work required.
The position will include:
- Working full time in SOLIDWORKS closely in a team of three draughtsman/design engineers
- Helping us develop the department as we seek streamlined workflows, consistent high-quality drawings, and explore new features of SOLIDWORKS such as simulation and animation modules
- Drawing machinery configurations for bespoke builds
- Working with our sales team to arrive at seamless workflows utilising PDM and task management systems, and producing 3D CAD models and drawings for ongoing projects
- Creating new designs and drawings, working to create digital twins
- Liaising with factory management and technical teams, assessing and obtaining measurements from the factory floor
This is an exciting position where the ever-strengthening drawing department will work together to deliver high-quality concept and manufacturing engineering drawings whilst continuing to develop and improve our systems. Each SOLIDWORKS team members' desk station has high spec computing with 3 widescreen monitors. We believe that adopting the latest technology and strong communication throughout the company is the key to continued success and maintaining excellence.
If you feel you are the right person for us and would like to join our team, please send your CV along with an introductory email to the contact details listed.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent general IT skills
- Work well on own initiative and in a team
- Be innovative, driven, reliable, and confident in their knowledge and skillset
- Have several years of experience in 3D CAD drawing
- Have high standards, strong attention to detail and a good work ethic
- Be aware of Health & Safety in the workplace