Frederick Crowther & Son Ltd in Brighouse, West Yorkshire are a long established, major UK manufacturer of swarf conveyors, filtration solutions and extraction provider for machine tools and associated industries such as engineering, medical, aerospace and rail. To see details of our products go to https://cromar.co.uk/
Due to business growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join our engineering team at our new modern manufacturing facility in Brighouse.
About the role:
As a designer at Frederick Crowther & Son, you will be part of a team providing a high quality, single point of contact design service to our customers, who are predominantly OEM machine tool providers in the UK & Europe.
Almost everything is manufactured in-house, so you will have the opportunity to see the designed products from design, through manufacture to completion.
As part of your role, you will:
- Upon receipt of an Order Acknowledgement, you will need to source any necessary information required in order to generate a suitable design solution. Be that by means of obtaining customer drawings, arranging a site visit for measuring or by historical information on file.
- You will review the relevant information/measurements/drawings and liaise with the engineering team to produce a suitable solution along with all relevant detailed engineering drawings for manufacture.
- Communicate with our production teams to ensure they have the relevant information to manufacture and deliver the final product to the customer's timescales.
- Build good working relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure they get an unrivalled level of service.
It's a given that you'll have a great attitude and will love the challenges of developing bespoke solutions to suit customers’ requirements, but we're also looking for someone who has the following:
- Excellent communication skills.
- A keen interest in engineering & technical design with an eye for innovation.
- Previous experience of engineering design (5 years+) within a drawing office environment.
- Experience in designing sheet metal & rotary equipment for the material handling/conveyor industry is ideal, although experience in similar fields, such as machine tool or process plant equipment is also beneficial.
- Experience of using 3D & 2D CAD software is essential (SOLIDWORKS & Radan preferred but not essential as training will be given).
- Working to relevant European/British standards & the Machinery Directive.
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous accuracy with good problem solving skills is key.
- Enjoys working as part of a team but also capable of working independently.
- A qualification in mechanical engineering or similar would be advantageous but not essential.
If this sounds like you then you could be just the person we are looking for!
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
In return, we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- A great working environment within a growing company.
- 33 days' holiday (including bank holidays).