Date Posted: Wednesday 28 August 2019
Based on the Isle of Wight, Milmega is a part of Ametek-CTS focused on the design and manufacture of solid-state RF and Microwave power amplifiers. These products are world leaders in terms of bandwidth, power and reliability.
This Hardware and Mechanical Designer will join the Amplifier Design team and will develop the housings and mechanical construction of amplifier systems and modules according to company standards. The candidate should be an experienced user of SOLIDWORKS CAD package and ideally have previous experience with electronic/electrical component and system construction. This person will interface regularly with suppliers, manufacturing and other engineering groups (including hardware, Firmware and test engineers) on the Isle of Wight and at our sister sites in Europe and U.S.
Your Experience / Skills
• 5+ years’ experience in mechanical and electronic design.
• Good/strong experience with CAD / CAE 3D Design. Experience with SOLIDWORKS.
• Proven experience of complete Hardware Mechanical Design Process.
• Experience of designing for good EMC performance.
• Understands the value of, and is able to produce, high quality documentation.
• Able to quickly learn and self teach new skills and technology.
• Maintains a constructive, positive attitude in challenging situations.
• Operates effectively under pressure and delivers to agreed timescales.
• Good team player, interested in and able to communicate with other engineering disciplines.
• Take responsibility for the mechanical design aspects from component to system level.
• Prepare mechanical designs, 2/3D equipment layouts.
• Prepare specifications, equipment and construction drawings for our suppliers.
• Develop existing product; by improving reliability, design for manufacture and reducing production cost.
• Manage the SOLIDWORKS engineering too including maintaining the existing mechanical library.
• Make process and procedure improvement recommendations.
Additional Skills (beneficial but not essential, to those above):
• Thermal analysis experience.
• Air & Water-cooling systems.
• Electrical/electronic design understanding.
• Schematic entry and PCB Layout for small board design.