Stirling Dynamics is a specialist consultancy at the forefront of technological advancement, we have successfully built an unrivaled reputation in industry with our products and expertise being first choice for the many of the world's leading aerospace companies.
We are currently experiencing significant growth and demand for our range of Active Inceptors which are utilised in Flight training, Flight simulation and Flight test. Due to this success an exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to take the design lead in developing a variety of vehicle control products for several of our major customers covering both current and future designs.
• Conceptual design and product development, supporting the evolution of existing designs and resolution of in service problems via modifications.
• Undertake component stress calculations and compile documented calculation packages for third party verification.
• Preparation of design documentation, technical reports and change control documents. Involvement in the generation of technical proposals.
• Contribution to the completion and implementation of concessions, alterations and amendments to drawings.
• Participation in, and contribution to, design reviews, contract reviews and other project-related activities.
• Ensure all projects meet the requirements of Stirling’s quality system.
• Liaison with other Design Engineers to ensure design specifications are met.
• Demonstrable competency in the use of SolidWorks software based applications.
• A proven knowledge and understanding of manufacturing bills of materials at multiple levels is essential, as is the ability to identify BOM cost reduction opportunities without compromising end design or performance quality.
• Ability to identify product improvements or design for manufacture improvements in order to maximise production efficiency.
• Ability to work as a key member of the Design Team within a growing company, liaising with other departmental teams, notably Purchasing, Production, Project Management and Quality Assurance.
• The capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail, and the discipline to self-check the result.
The successful Senior Mechanical Design engineer will have experience of the design of machined parts - large & small assemblies - large & small mechanisms or electro-mechanical devices. You will have good interpersonal skills.