Date Posted: Friday 19 February 2021
Macpac refuse bodies based in Antrim require a keen and ambitious person to help us continue our development of current and future products within the refuse collection vehicle market. We design and manufacture our own macpac refuse collection bodies for the ever-changing waste and recycling industry.
As an Engineer, you will be working on the manufacturing processes and mechanical design of our range of products for sale across the UK, Ireland and overseas.
Your Experience / Skills
Key aspects of the role include:
- Design components for manufacture
- Creation of 3D assemblies
- Creation of 2D component drawings
- Creation of 2D assembly and sub-assembly drawings for assembly team
- Knowledge of simulation tools for stress testing individual components and assemblies (desirable)
- Knowledge of render tools for brochures, presentations and customer evaluation (desirable)
- Ability to use AutoCAD or similar programs for creating 2D drawings and analysing supplier provided DXFs.
- Experience using SOLIDWORKS.
- Liaising with suppliers, customers
- Liaising with production manager and directors
- Able to work as part of a team