Date Posted: Wednesday 6 January 2021
We are seeking an experienced design engineer to research and design products, hybrid console systems and technical furniture for the pro audio industry.
Our company are specialists in integrated hybrid console systems, studio furniture and accessories for the pro audio and music recording industries. Our services include design, project management, engineering, manufacturing and installation to an exceptional standard.
In this role, you will be required to originate designs from a client’s brief, design new and improve existing product ranges, keep drawings updated and organise files.
- Design systems and products that meet the needs of the industry & client requirements.
- Produce fully detailed 2D drawings for manufacture.
- Execute concept designs and supply renders.
- Assess the overall performance of a product.
- Alter and modify designs to meet the client’s brief.
- Produce renders for approval and marketing.
- Closely monitor the progress and budget of each project.
- Order technical items from suppliers.
- FEA of parts and assembly.
- Test and evaluate designs and analyse data.
- Write operating manuals.
Your Experience / Skills
With a degree in design engineering, you will have a minimum of 3-years’ experience working in a design team. You will have an excellent knowledge of SOLIDWORKS, SOLIDWORKS Visualize and Autocad. You will have technical writing skills and an in-depth knowledge of a range of techniques and materials, such as sheet metal design, CNC machining in wood & metal, and 3D printing. Have a keen interest and knowledge of furniture design, ergonomics and aesthetics. A knowledge of DDM /PDM software would be a strong advantage.