Date Posted: Wednesday 12 July 2017
Bisca’s core business is design, manufacture and installation of unique staircases to meet a client’s brief, budget and timescale. This is your opportunity to work in a small company, leading the market in staircase design.
As a designer at Bisca your job will be varied and stimulating, with all our projects designed in house from start to finish. We rarely complete the same design twice and approach each client’s brief with a blank sheet of paper.
You should have the abilities to design both creatively and technically, taking into consideration how the product will work as well as how it will look. You will also have a level of commercial awareness, understanding how each of your decisions at any point can have an impact on the overall profit of a project.
From one day to the next you could be involved in any part of the project process, from speaking to prospective clients on their first phone call or working with our in-house craftsman to agree manufacture and installation processes for the current projects.
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Generous relocation package if applicable
Your Experience / Skills
- proficient in 3D modelling, preferably SOLIDWORKS
- able to demonstrate a degree in a relevant design related area
- commercially aware in an approach to customer requirements and service levels
- be motivated to achieve daily & weekly targets and deadlines
- organised and able to manage a workload and capable of handling a number of projects at any one time
- able to work on own initiative
- able to demonstrate problems solving skills
- able to work and communicate effectively with other teams and departments internally & externally
- able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills and have an outstanding attention to detail