Role: Senior Naval Architect
Date Posted: Friday 1 June 2018
About ASV Global:
We are a rapidly expanding, world leading company, specialising in the design, build and operation of autonomous boats and control systems. We build technologically advanced, innovative products to solve the problems that others can’t.
Our success is due to the people we employ – if you’re smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems then ASV Global is for you.
Our UK offices, manufacturing site and testing facilities are all based just outside Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Your Experience / Skills
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious Senior Naval Architect to join one of the fastest growing marine businesses in the UK.
Our Senior Naval Architect will be leading projects within the design team and interfacing between our electrical, software, production and systems teams.
Successful applicants will need to have an in depth understanding of weight control and performance optimisation. Other elements of this role will include:
• Design and general arrangement
• Hull form design
• Resistance and propulsion estimation and design
• Structural design including FEA
• Layup schedule
• Aluminium welding schedule
• Mechanical and sub systems design management
• Propulsion and power generation systems
• Auxiliary systems
• Lifting systems
• Payload Launch and Recover Systems
This is an exciting challenge, optimising vessels for their application with the added capacity presented by the removal of crew. If you enjoy working on full lifecycle then you will thrive in this environment, our engineers enjoy seeing projects through from initial concept to the finished article and subsequent launch.
• CEng with a Masters Degree (or equivalent) in Naval Architecture or similar
• Vessel design experience in the range of 3-30m vessels
• Able to demonstrate previous responsibility of entire vessel designs.
• Portfolio of vessel design work with references to both composite and aluminium designs.
• Experience working within a fast-paced production environment with direct liaison.
• Experience of undertaking design work from concept to production
• Experience of Maxsurf or equivalent naval architecture packages
• Experience of parametric modelling in Solidworks or similar
• Experience of Finite Element Analysis
• Experience of Computational Fluid Dynamics
• Experience working in or with boat/shipyards
Dependent on experience
Portchester, Hampshire, UK
To discuss this role and further details, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below:
+44(0)23 9238 2573