The purpose of this role is to be part of a small team working on design, development and maintenance of innovative highway safety products, highway maintenance machinery and high speed vehicle containment systems. Also to use best endeavours to promote the good reputation of the company, increasing sales and profitability through excellent customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, test and develop highway safety products, highway maintenance machinery and high speed vehicle containment systems.
- Use an engineering mind combined with a hands-on approach to product research and development.
- Create manufacturing drawings and over see manufacturing processes.
- Produce assembly, (installation) and procedures manuals, updating as necessary
- Create and manage technical files in order to maintain product approval and compliance
- Provide technical support to customers, governing bodies and colleagues
- Create drawings using Solid Works and AutoCAD
- Make occasional site visits and travel between office locations (pool vehicle provided)
- Any other duty as can reasonably required from time to time
Background Information: Based in the South East and the West Midlands, Highway Care is a highly innovative and creative company dealing in the research, development and marketing of a unique range of life-saving, energy absorbing, road safety products. The position will be based within the small and friendly engineering team at our Ledbury site where parking is available.
General Requirements: You will be required to assist in the development, design and application of highway safety products and systems using your mechanical engineering knowledge and skills. Preferably you should be:-
- A highly organized team player who is willing and able to work on your own initiative
- An excellent communicator at all levels with the ability to discuss technical issues at a high engineering level
- Able to create, manage and update technical documents to a high standard
- Accurate and tenacious with an enquiring mind and flexible attitude to your work.
- Willing to work occasional