Energy Innovations specialise in EPC contract of Biomass Heating systems up to 10MW thermal output. We specialise in in the combustion of lower grade Biomass fuels and the conversion to heat and power. We are now seeking to appoint an additional Project Design Engineer to join the Technical Design team. The role is primarily office based however occasional site visits may be required.
The role will include:
• SOLIDWORKS modelling of plant rooms including pipe work and associated component selection. Plant rooms up to 5MW thermal output and 1MW electrical output;
• Production of P&ID ’s and District Heating pipe work drawings in 2D;
• Planning & Building Drawings (for sub contract quotations);
• Design of heating and steam systems;
• Integrating new heating systems into existing systems;
• Working closely with Project Developers (Sales) and Project Managers to ensure the customer’s expectations are met and the project is delivered safely, on-time and on budget;
• Pricing schemes and technical procurement;
• Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors;
• Compilation of bills of materials utilising SOLIDWORKS PDM.
If you have the ability and motivation to excel in this role please apply, including your current salary details, via email -firstname.lastname@example.org
Clear and proven track record of SOLIDWORKS design and modelling of M&E systems;
Knowledge of heat transfer and thermodynamics;
Steam system design and pipework;
Electrical controls and design knowledge including containment design and routing;
Experience of working with the HVAC and/or building services industry
You will be able to display an strong aptitude to practical problem solving;
You will have a good ability to organise and prioritise workload;
You will be comfortable working from own initiative and as part of a team.