Date Posted: Tuesday 19 September 2017
WPL is an internationally recognised leader in the design, manufacture and supply of standardised and bespoke environmental solutions.
We are currently looking for a Project Design Engineer to boost our engineering capacity.
• Creation of design drawings, construction drawings and parts lists using AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS
• To design concept generation sketches through to batch manufacturing
• Structured BOM’s for all products and projects
• Close manufacturing support for constant design improvements and faster assembly times
• Ongoing product development to bring dated 2D drawings up to date
• Reverse engineering 2D component drawings and bringing them into 3D CAD modules, into assemblies and standardising going forward
• Ordering and expediting component delivery
• Communicating with the customer and other departments on job by job basis
• Interpreting the customer’s requirements of a product / into product
• Support of the customer, with regards to technical enquiries
• Provide support to Sales and Service departments
• Understand the requirements of other departments and the time required to complete certain tasks.
• Completion of product designs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Knowledge of treatment plant process engineering and offering technical support in this capacity
Your Experience / Skills
• 3D CAD
• Basic hand calculations and the ability to solve problems
• Aware of drawing protocol and drawing standards
• Design office experience
• Experience of project based environments
• Methodical, self-starter with the ability to manage own time and projects
• Proficient in MS Office
• Driving licence