Due to continual expansion, HCM Engineering Ltd are looking for a Toolroom Design Engineer to join our small team of designers based in Stourbridge.
We are a highly successful and expanding precision engineering contract toolroom company providing bespoke special purpose tooling to the aluminium foundry industry. Having been established for over 50 years we currently employ 25 staff and remain a family owned business.
We also have a joint venture in India which gives us the option to place low cost tooling for our customers. We not only fully design for our sister company we also manage design, manufacture & deliveries.
The successful candidate will ideally have
• Served a mechanical engineering apprenticeship.
• An ONC or equivalent in mechanical engineering or higher.
• A high standard of drafting skills.
• A good working knowledge of a relevant industry-related 3D modelling package.
• The ability to work well as part of a team.
• Good communication skills with tier 1 & tier 2 automotive component suppliers.
• The ability to embrace change in a developing market.
Skills desirable for this position:
• Knowledge of the various aluminium foundry processes and requirements.
• An understanding of toolroom machine capabilities during the design process.
• Experience in SOLIDWORKS or other 3D cad packages (training will be provided if necessary).
• The ability to interrogate and create 2D engineering drawings.
• To be committed to meeting & exceeding customers’ expectations of high quality tooling.
• The ability to communicate clearly internally with members of staff and externally with tier 1 & 2 automotive suppliers with regard to development & change requirements.
• Hands on approach to problem solving.
• To be self-motivated & able to work within a small team.
• An organised approach to work and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Familiar with all key Microsoft software packages.
• Understanding value for money within design / purchase.
• Knowledge of purchasing systems.
• Full driving licence.
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Approachable personality
• Good at working within a team as well as on your own
• Flexibility & good at multi-tasking
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Working to tight budgets, lead-times & targets
This is a permanent, full-time position with flexible leave and competitive rates of pay.
Salary negotiable dependent upon experience
Pension scheme available
31 days holiday including statutory – floating days are flexible
if you feel that you have the qualities and skills to succeed in this role then please apply today.