The Solid Solutions Project Number Add-in for SOLIDWORKS PDM provides greater control over project numbering and can be configured to suit virtually any numbering requirements. The configured add-in is linked to a PDM serial number which enables it to be triggered via Save (inside SOLIDWORKS), via DataCard (default value), Template Card, Copy and Move Tree.
- Single Serial Number component can generate many configured number types.
- Default Number can be specified
- Numbers can contain up 10 elements with the Key Index used to allocate a specific numeric counter to the configured number.
- Multiple Elements can be combined to create theKey Index. Elements consist of:
- Fixed Text / Separators
- Folder Variable values inherited from the Folder Card associated with the location of the new part (e.g. Project Number)
- PDM Lists (using the Alias type lists in PDM Professional we can select descriptive text from a list that adds a predefined Alpha / Numeric string to the Key Index)
- Counter (specify string length, initial value and increments)
Project Numbering is already included as standard for Customers taking our FOUNDATION Implementation Package for PDM Professional but can also be purchased as an add-on for any existing PDM Professional Vaults.